Brothers & Sisters of Local 291,
We hope that you and your families are safe and remain healthy during this most troubling time. The North Atlantic States Regional Council of Carpenters Local 291 remains optimistic that we will make it through this pandemic and once again get back to our daily routines and life as we once knew it. That optimism remains constant due to members like YOU who possess the heart and passion to progress forward no matter what hurdle may lie ahead. You may text NASnews to 855-9-NASRCC (855-962-7722) to receive the latest up to date information regarding the Corona Virus.
- The Local Union meetings and all other local gatherings have been cancelled until current restrictions are lifted.
- Local 291 office and North Atlantic States Council offices in Albany are open, however, we ask that members call ahead to gain access to the building, keeping in mind social distancing and face covering protocols. Reps will be available via phone, text and email. They will continue to service projects and member’s needs.
- We ask that the members make their best effort to pay dues via credit card over the phone. There is a drop box located outside the Local Union where you may drop off a check for your dues. The mail from the drop box will be collected daily and distributed to the administrative staff at a remote location.
- Shop Stewards, you may leave your Shop Steward Reports in the drop box as well. There will be a stack of envelopes located on the drop box for you to utilize to mail in your Steward Reports.
- The Local 291 Albany Training Center is open; however, class sizes have been limited to 9 students and 1 instructor. As training space is limited, please reach out to the training center for up to date training schedules.
In addition to the Texting app above, you may keep up to date via:
Lastly, we ask that everyone do their part in the hopes of knocking out this virus. Follow the rules as directed in the above websites, wash your hands, keep your distance and if you are not feeling well, stay home!
Once again, we thank you for your support, we applaud your unity and we look forward to the day that we all look back on this as just another obstacle we defeated as a UNION!
Carpenters Local #291
Welcome to the Carpenters Local #291 Website. Our mission is to provide our members with the best training available and our contractors with the best Carpenters the industry has to offer. Carpenters Local #291 is dedicated to providing the safest, most productive and most highly trained Carpenters available. We are a 1600 member strong Local and are part of North Atlantic States Regional Council of Carpenters which represents over 30,000 fellow members in New York and New England. With our extensive training, productivity, political activism and organizing efforts our mission is to achieve an ever increasing market share in our industry and to increase man hours so we can continue to provide our Brothers and Sisters and their families with health and pension benefits and an honest living wage. We are also committed to assisting our neighbors and community to provide a safe and healthy atmosphere for young and old alike. From our sacred oath we swear to help one another and to strive to promote our organization collectively and individually.