Brothers & Sisters of Local 291,
We hope that you and your families are safe & remain healthy during this most troubling time. The North Atlantic States Regional Council of Carpenters Local 291, remain optimistic that we will make it through this pandemic and once again get back to our daily routines and life as we once knew it. That optimism remains constant due to members like YOU who possess the heart & passion to progress forward no matter what hurdle may lie ahead. We’d like to take this time to list a few bullet points that may assist you through some uncertainty.
- You may text NASnews to 855-9-NASRCC (855-962-7722) to receive the latest up to date information regarding the Corona Virus
- To address the increase in Unemployment demands, the DOL has changed how they accept claims.
Claimants with last names starting with A – F, should apply on Mondays. Claimants with last names starting with G-N, should apply on Tuesdays. Claimants with last names starting with O-Z, should apply on Wednesdays. Thursdays & Fridays are for those who have missed their filing date.
- Unemployment has decided to waive the one week waiting period, ensuring that you may collect immediately
- The co-pay for Virus testing has also been waived
- The Local Union meeting scheduled for April 13 has been cancelled
- Local 291 offices & North Atlantic States Council offices in Albany are closed, however, Representatives and Administration staff continue to work from remote locations with access to Local & Council phones & email capabilities. Reps will be available via phone & email and will continue to service projects and members needs
- Keep in mind, Local Union 291’s phone service has been forwarded to a sole Admin user which may cause longer than usual waiting periods. We ask that you remain patient and if you are unable to hold, kindly leave a clear detailed message and an Admin or a Rep will get back to you at their earliest convenience.
- We ask that the members make their best effort to pay dues via credit card over the phone. There is a drop box located outside the Local Union where you may drop off a check for your dues. The mail from the drop box will be collected daily and distributed to the Admin staff at a remote location.
- Shop Stewards, you may leave your Shop Steward Reports in the drop box as well. There will be a stack of envelopes located on the drop box for you to utilize to mail in your Steward reports.
- The Local 291 Training Center is closed, which includes the Apprenticeship as well as Journeymen Refresher & Upgrade classes until further notice
In addition to the Texting app above, you may keep up-to-date via:
Council Website: www.nasrcc.org
Local Website: www.carpenterslu291.org
Facebook: Carpenters Albany
CDC Website: www.cdc.gov
Lastly, we ask that everyone do their part in the hopes of knocking out this virus. Follow the rules as directed in the above websites, wash your hands, keep your distance and if you are not feeling well, stay home!
Once again, we thank you for your support, we applaud your unity and we look forward to the day that we all look back on this as just another obstacle we defeated as a UNION!
Carpenters Local 291
Welcome to the Carpenters Local #291 Website. Our mission is to provide our members with the best training available and our contractors with the best Carpenters the industry has to offer. Carpenters Local #291 is dedicated to providing the safest, most productive and most highly trained Carpenters available. We are a 1600 member strong Local and are part of North Atlantic States Regional Council of Carpenters which represents over 30,000 fellow members in New York and New England. With our extensive training, productivity, political activism and organizing efforts our mission is to achieve an ever increasing market share in our industry and to increase man hours so we can continue to provide our Brothers and Sisters and their families with health and pension benefits and an honest living wage. We are also committed to assisting our neighbors and community to provide a safe and healthy atmosphere for young and old alike. From our sacred oath we swear to help one another and to strive to promote our organization collectively and individually.