Supervisory Training Program
Now that fall has begun, it is time to start thinking about Supervisory Training Program (STP) classes. The first scheduled Superintendent unit this school year is Unit #1, Leadership and Motivation, which will begin on Thursday, October 8, 2015 from 6-8 pm at the Building Industry Center, 6 Airline Drive, Albany, NY. Each course will meet for seven Thursdays.
Due to curriculum changes, the full program now includes just six (6) units (was 10), however, the instruction time will increase to 14 hours per unit (was 10). The six courses are:
- Unit 1: Leadership and Motivation (starting October 2015) (Enrollment Form/Information)
- Unit 2: Communication (starting January, 2016)
- Unit 3: Planning and Scheduling (starting spring 2016)
- Unit 4: Contract Documents ( expected offering: fall 2016)
- Unit 5: Improving Productivity and Managing Project Costs (expected offering: spring 2017)
- Unit 6: Risk Management and Problem Solving (expected offering: spring 2017)
Over 3,500 tradesmen have benefited from these programs over the past 25-plus years, and we want to continue this record of accomplishment.
We appreciate the Training and Education Fund’s support for STP and would like each local to make every effort to send at least one student to each of these courses.
Tuition this year will be $145 for each course, which includes the cost of the textbook. These are the lowest fees of any STP program in the country.
Laura L. Regan